The Best Times to Get Things Done
You don’t need more hours in the day to get everything done. You just need to know the best time to do what you need to do. Here are the best times to get things done.
- First, exercise before 8am. Research shows that people who exercise in the morning are more likely to stick to it than those who work out in the evening. That's because they’re often halfway done with their exercises before they wake up enough to talk themselves out of it. In fact, the later you wait in the day to exercise, the less likely are to do it. An added bonus: Gyms are less crowded in the morning.
- Next, place your online orders before 9am, because early orders have a better chance of being filled and shipped the same day.
- If you need to call customer service reps, wait until after 9am on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Just like you, customer service reps have to get their coffee in the morning before they really get rolling. If you call the moment they open, they’ll be scrambling to answer your call while dealing with messages from the night before. Just make sure you get someone on the phone before noon, because most people call during their lunch break. So why call on a Tuesday or Wednesday? Because by then, they’ll have gotten rid of the backlog from the weekend.
- Another scheduling tip: If you’re headed to the DMV or Post Office, do it between 9am and 11am. Most people hit those places either before work or during their lunch break. By going in between, you can beat the crowds.
- So what’s the best time for a doctor or dentist appointment? After lunch. Many doctors spend their early monrings doing hospital rounds. So, by the time they officially start seeing patients at 9am, they may already be behind schedule. They often reserve the earliest appointments for emergency patients. So, ask for the first slot after lunch because they’ll be caught up from their morning.
- The final tip: Get tech support after 10pm. If your Internet is down or your computer’s not working, remember this: A lot of tech companies have 24-hour support, and reps are often bored in the middle of the night. If you call, they’ll be more likely to give you their undivided attention.
Visit Tesh.com for more Intelligence for your Life!
Post a Comment