Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Make Up Review

I wanted to share my thoughts on some makeup that I was sent to review.  Today we will be discussing Covergirl's NatureLuxe Foundation in Chamois and Covergirls's Natureluxe Gloss Balm in Anemone.


You might recognize this product from advertisements featuring this lovely lady ...



NatureLuxe Foundation (Chamois)  4 out of 5 stars 





I was very surprised at how silky this makeup feels.  I am a Bare Minerals user so a liquid foundation is a whole new ball game for me.  I put a layer of foundation on and my face felt fresh and dewy.  I couldn't believe that this foundation didn't look caked on like so many other liquid foundations do.

I have continued to wear this foundation for the last 2 days and have been pretty happy with it.  Today I brushed some bare mineral's powder foundation over my forehead and chin to tone down the dewy look.  Overall, I am pretty happy with it but would warn those with skin problems that this makeup does not offer a lot of coverage. 


NatureLuxe Gloss Balm (Anemone)  3 out of 5 stars 


Honestly I was more excited about this product when I opened the package but much to my dismay my expectations were too high.  The color looked vibrant and smooth in the package but when I put it on my lips the color fell flat.

I had about 8 layers of the Gloss Balm on in this photo.  

I like the Gloss Balm for making my lips feel smooth but on days that I want some color I wouldn't waste my time. 



Has anyone else tried either product?  Do you all like it?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't even heard of this product! I guess I'm in hiding lol. I might have to try the Gloss Balm (I like only a tiny bit of color), so that might be a good thing for me. I'll be curious to see what others have to say about the products though.

    ReplyDelete