The 12 Things You Probably Didn't Know
About Home Alone!
1. The picture Kevin finds of Buzz's girlfriend was actually a picture of a boy
made up to look like a girl because the director thought it would be too cruel
to make fun of a girl like that.
2. The role of Uncle Frank was written for Kelsey Grammer.
3. There is a legend that Elvis Presley (who died in 1977) made a
cameo in the movie. Many of those who believe that Elvis is still alive
maintain that, the heavily bearded man standing in the background
of the scene where Mrs. MacCallister is shouting at the desk clerk
(just before she meets John Candy) is Elvis.
4. The issue of Playboy that Kevin finds in Buzz's room is from July 1989
with Erika Eleniak as Miss July.
5. The “evil furnace” in the basement was done by two guys with
fishing line and flashlights.
6. Robert De Niro turned down the role of Harry.
7. Angels with Filthy Souls is a fictional gangster film and was made
specifically for the film. There is also a sequel to the film,
Angels with Even Filthier Souls, in the sequel.
8. The Talkboy was originally conceived as a non-working prop for Home Alone,
used by Macaulay Culkin's character. In 1993 it was made into a retail version,
brought on by a massive letter-writing campaign by young fans of the film.
9. John Candy filmed his part in only 1 day, albeit an extremely long
23-hour day. The story about having once forgotten his son at a
funeral home was entirely improvised. His part is obviously inspired
by the character he played in Planes, Trains & Automobiles.
10. In the scene where Harry bites Kevin's finger, Joe Pesci
actually bit Macaulay Culkin, leaving a scar on his finger.
11. The concept for the movie originated during the filming of a scene
in Uncle Buck when Macaulay Culkin interrogated a would-be-babysitter
through a letterbox.
12. Daniel Stern agreed to have the tarantula put on his face for
exactly one take. He had to mime screaming because the noise
would have scared the spider, and the scream was dubbed in later.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
The 12 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Home Alone!
Posted by Digitally Delightful at 1:21 PM
Labels: christmas, home alone, Movies, trivia
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
LOL this is awesome!ReplyDelete
omg I never noticed most of this stuff! Kelsey Grammar would have made a perfect uncle though, I can imagine him in that roleReplyDelete
Oh wow, I never knew any of this stuff and I would NOT do a movie if a tarantula had to be on my face. No way jose!ReplyDelete
This is hilarious!ReplyDelete
I knew a few of these facts, such a shame about Kelsey grammar he would of made thee perfect uncle!! Great post friend!ReplyDelete
Hilarious! Such a classic!ReplyDelete
Stop on over, I'm hosting a Graphic Image giveaway! :)
So glad you posted these; it's my favorite Christmas movie!ReplyDelete
This is so cool! This movie is a classic and these facts are awesome!ReplyDelete
Ahh I love this!! I hadn't heard of any of those things!!ReplyDelete
One of my favorite movies - didn't know know things hilarious!ReplyDelete
I loved this!!!!!ReplyDelete
My brother and I both actually HAD a Talkboy. We thought it was the bomb.com, haha. I can't believe that guy let them put that tarantula on his face. Holy freaking cow. I would die, hahaReplyDelete