Have you ever wondered what really happens behind the scenes on
The Bachelor? Yep- me too.
I always wonder how they pack for such an uncertain amount of time or undisclosed destinations. How much they get to sleep? What do they do all day without TV or Internet access? Well, I have uncovered some of those secrets!
Here are 10 behind the scenes secretes of "The Bachelor":
- "The Bachelor" is told what order to call out rose recipients at the rose ceremonies.
- Chris Harrison used to write the date cards, but thought his handwriting was too sloppy. He admits he writes them occasionally.
- Women start getting ready at 9:00 a.m. on the first day of "The Bachelor." They don't arrive until 9:00 p.m. when it's dark and don't have the rose ceremony until 4:00 a.m.. They get to bed at 8:00 a.m. the next day.
- The women don't have TV or Internet access while they're in the house.
- "The Bachelor" contestants bring their own clothes and dresses, however they may share or switch items.
- Makeup artists offer their services for the first few rose ceremonies, but most of the women apply their own makeup. They also have the option of getting their hair done by "The Bachelor" staff.
- A couple men on the crew wet down the mansion's driveway with hoses to make the contestants' arrivals look super good.
- A psychologist is available for the rejected "Bachelor" contestants. The eliminated cast normally takes advantage of that.
- The final two have a selection of dresses to choose from prior to filming the finale episode.
- On the exotic location dates, the women get to spend at least two days with "The Bachelor."
And if you have an extra 1 1/2 hours on your hand you can watch 20/20's special "Inside The Bachelor: Stories Behind The Rose" to discover even more secrets!